The Student Housing Company, Austen House, Southampton
Back of the Walls, Southampton, SO14 3HA
The Southampton Solent University campus is just a 10-minute stroll from our complex, and University of Southampton is a quick bus ride away. Whichever one you’re studying at, Austen House puts you within easy reach.
Extra-curricular fun is right on your doorstep too. The enormous West Quay shopping centre is within walking distance, there are countless great bars and restaurants dotted around the vicinity, and the city’s parks (Palmerston, Houndwell and Hoglands) are a stone’s throw away.
Anyway, here’s some info about Austen House itself.
First of all, you might like to know that Austen House has loads of social spaces. Nine to be exact:
– Cinema Room | Black out room, projector and squashy seating, what more could you need?
– Reading Room | Looking for somewhere quiet to relax? Our tranquil reading room will be just what you need.
– Gaming Room | With 8 screens, controllers and gaming chairs, the only question is GTA or FIFA?
– Art Room | Work benches, easels and cutting desks give you a space to be creative and collaborative.
– Music Room | Lot’s of space for electric instruments and a mixing desk make this the perfect space to jam.
– Photography Room | Lights, backdrops and plenty of space. Get your Rankin on.
– Study Room | Don’t fancy lugging your books in to the library? The study room is a perfect alternative.
– Common Room | Complete with pool table, TV, and plenty of comfy seating.
– Bar Area| BYOD (drinks!) this space if for you to chill and relax with old friends or new ones!
Your Room Options
– An ensuite room in a 4- or 5-bed shared flat – ideal if you want to socialise a lot and make new friends right away
– A standard room in a 2-bed apartment, which would be perfect for sharing with a friend, or if you’d prefer a more chilled-out atmosphere
– A studio, which you’ll have all to yourself!
You’ll get a double bed no matter which option you choose, so you can always get a good night’s rest when you need it (before an exam, after a night out, or whenever). Plus you’ll get a desk, storage space and and all your light and heating controlls in your headboard (amazing for when you just don’t want to get our of bed!)
Included in Your Rent
We take care of virtually everything for you, so you can move in and start enjoying the good life right from the off. Here’s what your rent covers:
– Your water, gas and electricity
– High-speed broadband and Wi-Fi
– Your heating (which is a lifesaver in a coastal city like this!)
– Contents insurance
– 24-hour security
– Access to the on-site laundry facilities (super-convenient)
– Maintenance service
– Post and parcel service
Student Life at Austen House
We haven’t even mentioned the best bit about Austen House yet! The team! Jan, Ben & Alicia are there to help you settle into Southampton life. We put on regular events for our students like games nights, quiz nights, movie nights and parties. From free tea and coffee to keep you warm on the way to uni, to an on-site maintenence team to make sure everythings as it should be in your room. We’ve got you covered. Life at Austen House couldn’t be easier!
- Vending Machine
- Outdoor Area
- Car Parking
- Swimming Pool
- In Room Phone
- Wheelchair Access
- Games Room
- Bike Storage
- Onsite Security
- Common Room
- En Suite
- Onsite Maintenance
- Secure Door Entry
- Digital TV
From: £112 /week Bills Included
- Added: 5 years ago
The Student Housing Company